Wednesday 9 November 2011

Entry 8 - Arrival at Forwards Nine

CURRENT SURVIVORS:













After a day’s hungry walk, Jim and I arrived at the promised base, tucked away from the roads and sheltered on all sides by a thick wedge of trees. The clearing was surprisingly large with a high chain link fence encircling the centre in a giant square. On the outside of the chain link fence was a deep trench dug into the ground. Jim explained to me zombies trying to reach the base often fell into these trenches and struggled to get out, this acted as the first line of defence. The fence was reinforced by concrete blocks at intervals, making knocking it down exceptionally difficult even if the zombies managed to get past the trench. There was a single path leading to the main gate, where there was a gap in the trench.

We approached the main gate cautiously with our arms raised and waving so we wouldn't get shot (or have less chance of being shot I should say). The area was eerily quiet. Almost immediately we saw movement on the other side of the fence. Approaching us were three men. The first was the rough military type, he was a large man and his hair was short but unkempt. He strode confidently forward with a machine gun swaying on his hip. The second man slightly behind him was smaller. He didn't have a gun but also had a poorly maintained military hairstyle. The third and final man in the group was Thomas, smiling broadly.

When the gate opened I embraced Thomas while he uttered apologises about not returning. It was only upon seeing him again that I realised I had missed him.
The first man turned to Jim with a searching look, which Jim replied to with a slight shake of the head. He sighed and turned to me "Welcome to Forwards Nine" He said and held out his hand. I took it and shook it firmly. "I'm sorry about Bobby" I told him. He nodded, "He knew what he was getting in to" He motioned towards the second man, "My name is Captain, this here is Doc Runts". The other man scolded "The names Doctor James Rhodes actually" He emphasised and we shook hands. Captain grinned "You must be Katherine?" he asked. I told him it was and he nodded again, I was beginning to get strange vibes off this Captain. "I'll give you the tour shall I?" He said "But firstly, I don't suppose you have any cheese do you?" 

This might be an interesting day.

Still Surviving
Katherine

1 comment:

  1. cheese! the captain loves his cheese dont he? keep it up br0 im loving it!

    ReplyDelete