Wednesday 26 October 2011

Entry 7 - Do not drive

 CURRENT SURVIVORS:

 












Okay, here's something new to add to the zombie survival advice: Do not drive during the zombie apocalypse. I cannot stress this enough. Rule number one is do not make loud noises. Driving violates rule number one. Violating rules is bad. I honestly thought the military would have figured this out by now. Two khaki morons drive by the hide-out to pick me driving in a frickin' jeep! Before I knew it we got swamped by zombies from every direction, drawn to the noise. I figure my hide-out is compromised so I bolt for the vehicle and jump in. Then the guys frickin' drive the same way back that they came from! So they drive back into the zombies amassed on their trail. Needless to say we were using zombies as speed bumps before long. With zombies clinging onto our vehicle on all sides, the driver loses control and smashes into a wall.

As I'm trying to regain my composure, the zombies grab the driver through the window. He stands no chance; they drag him screaming out of the car and start biting chunks out of his body. The last I see before I turn away to escape is the awful twitching of a body in complete shock and denial. I escape onto the roof through the now broken back window. Meanwhile the passenger army guy is up, he's seeing his dying friend and bursts out of his side door, machine gun blazing. The sheer numbers of the zombies drawn to this escapade must quickly sap his fighting spirit, because he quickly joins me on the roof.

Together we flee across the jeep's crumpled roof and over the broken wall. We run for several minutes through overgrown fields until we're both panting before stopping. What a fuckery. He introduces himself as Jim. His friend the driver was Bobby. I go on to inform him of my disapproval of their tactics in a significantly unfriendly way. After an exchange of obscenities we start moving towards a base a days walk away, where he says Thomas is staying. This has not been a good few days.

Still Surviving
Katherine

SURVIVOR UPDATE:

1 comment: